How to find and/or contact me:

How To Find and/or Contact Me:

Facebook: Brenda Crofts Reep

email: sheetmusictranscriptions@gmail.com




Monday, April 11, 2011

There Is A Green Hill Far Away

It's time for my church youth choir to sing again soon.  I needed a song ready to practice with them on Sunday.  So, two mornings ago, I was walking my dog, ACE, and the hymn "There Is A Green Hill Far Away" popped into my head.  I have always loved that Sacrament Hymn, and I started a tradition of choosing that hymn for the sacrament hymn whenever there is a mission farewell.  I started that with my step-son Richard, when he went to Scotland for his mission.  It seemed so appropriate - you know - green hills - Scotland.

So I guess, knowing that the next time my youth choir has to sing, it is for a farewell of a young man going to Russia.

Anyway....I couldn't stop singing that hymn in my head on the whole walk.  A nice arrangement started coming together.  After I sang it once through, I said a quick prayer, "Please God, let me remember this when I get home."

When I got home, I had to spend an hour driving different children to their various schools.  One of which is 6 miles away.  Then I had to do some laundry - so that I could get dressed.  Finally, in the afternoon, I was able to sit down - at my new, awesome Clavinova, and start writing.

I finished it, and I like it.  So we started it yesterday.  I think it will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment