How to find and/or contact me:

How To Find and/or Contact Me:

Facebook: Brenda Crofts Reep

email: sheetmusictranscriptions@gmail.com




Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Musical ElectronicTechnical Help

I had the opportunity to help a local musician I had met at the Piano Gallery here in St. George connect her new Clavinova to her laptop so that she could write sheet music for herself.  I love being able to help someone else be able to do for themselves the things that I love to do.

I don't know why I feel such joy and excitement when I can help someone else understand how the computer and the piano can work together.

I helped a neighbor a couple years ago.  He is a wonderful pianist and he was leaving for a mission and he wanted to record his compositions, and someday write them down for himself.  He is an outstanding musician and has great potential.  It would be sad to see him have to use someone else for a service he is capable of providing for himself.  The excitement I saw in his face as he learned how to do these things was priceless.  He has been well-trained by a local master musician.  However, it has all been classically, acoustically trained.

These two areas of music don't need to be like apples and oranges anymore.  There is so much we can do with electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment