How to find and/or contact me:

How To Find and/or Contact Me:

Facebook: Brenda Crofts Reep

email: sheetmusictranscriptions@gmail.com




Friday, April 29, 2011

My Daughter, The Artiste!

I commissioned my first art work, specifically for my own purposes.  COOL!!


I feel so important now.  I am very proud of my daughter.  She is only a sophomore, but her art teacher told her she wants her in studio for the next two years at the school, and she is going to groom her for a Sterling Scholar in Visual Art.  This is very exciting!

She wasn't enjoying the monoprint unit in art class, so I asked her to do something "music" for me.  I was hoping that would make it more interesting for her.  She had designed a treble clef with a rose winding around it, for our headstone.  I got a double headstone for my husband, that way when I died, there would not be that added expense.  My name is on the headstone.  My husband had a beautiful plaque from the "Sons Of The American Revolution" above his name, so I wanted something significant and beautiful above my name, too.

As a result, my daughter designed the clef sign and rose for the headstone.  I asked her to make a monoprint of it that I could frame and hang in my studio.  She did it, but she didn't do monoprint, she used three colors.  She had already done a monoprint as her assigned task, so this was an extra assignment, and the teacher allowed her to use multiple colors.

I loved it!!!  I am extremely proud of her.  Now I am going to use this as my exclusive logo.  We have copyrighted it to protect it.  Now I can say "I knew her when...."

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful picture. I can see why you like it.

    ReplyDelete