How to find and/or contact me:

How To Find and/or Contact Me:

Facebook: Brenda Crofts Reep

email: sheetmusictranscriptions@gmail.com




Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Computer help

I helped someone with her computer today.  She was blocked from the internet, so I could tell that she had an "anti-virus" virus.  I hate those.  They make you think you need their anti-virus software, but they actually give you a virus and keep you from being able to function until you pay for their software.  Unfortunately, I had learned that the hard way a very long time ago.

I fixed that for her, and got her back on the internet.  I installed the "real" microsoft security essentials and firefox for her, so that she will be better protected.  I showed her some tricks at how to bookmark her favorite pages across the top of Firefox, so that she can find them easier.

Her virus deleted her "word" program, so I showed her how to use "Open Office" and installed that for her.  She's a happy camper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment