How to find and/or contact me:

How To Find and/or Contact Me:

Facebook: Brenda Crofts Reep

email: sheetmusictranscriptions@gmail.com




Thursday, April 7, 2011

Orchestrated Accompaniments

I'm winding up a job I have been working on.  I am creating ten recorded accompaniments for a high school's spring theater show.  It sure is nicer to do with my new Clavinova!  I'm using the new piano, but still having issues with the new computer.  Thank goodness my old computer is still working well.  There is something to be said for spending the money to get a good, custom-built computer, made especially for your own needs.  My recording computer is 7 years old - the oldest computer in the house, and it has hung in there the best.  It's still fast, too.

I'm not sure that switching to Mac was all that great of an idea.  But it hasn't gone to waste.  I have switched over my sheet music transcriptions to the Mac and it is doing a great job with that.  Except there is a small latency issue that is bugging me.  It is only a fraction of a second off, but it sure is annoying.  I am sure I will get that figured out soon.

I guess if I don't ever get on the internet with my old "built" computer, and I do all the paperwork and sheet music on the mac, that will take a ton of pressure off it, and it will continue to do well for me with my recordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment